FOSS4G 2015 Presentations
FOSS4G is the annual global gathering for those both currently or potentially working with open source geospatial software. It brings together a mix of developers, users, decision makers and observers from a broad spectrum of organizations and fields of operation for six days of workshops, presentations, and discussions.
Presentations are the heart of the conference. We expect we could have around 200 presentations during the conference showing the uses of open-source geospatial software in various fields and benefits of open-source geospatial software. We will be having 6~8 parallel streams in a range of subjects from diverse fields. Each individual presentations will be allowed about 20 minutes and 5 minutes for Q&A.
16th(Wednesday), 17th(Thursday), and 18th(Friday), September 2015
Please take a look at the final program of FOSS4G Seoul 2015.
“FOSS4G Seoul 2015_Final Programme“(click)
Topics of Interest
FOSS4G will, as always, be the premier showcase event for new applications, projects, government policies, case studies, business perspectives and training for free and open source geospatial software. In addition to catering to the existing FOSS4G community, attendance is being encouraged from anyone considering using open source and geospatial software for the first time. The organizing committee is therefore keen to receive content which supports new users.
Proposals are invited on any FOSS4G-related subject. However the following list may help to provide some guidance on areas likely to be of interest to attendees:
- Development: new development in projects.
– Hacks and Mashes: novel solutions to all our problems.
– Big Data : geospatial big data.
– New Trends: IoT, Indoor GIS, etc.
– Case Studies: relate your experiences.
– Benchmarks: comparisons between packages.
– Business Cases: building the economic case.
– Policies: FOSS4G related policies around government and international organisations.
– Visualisation: effective presentation of information.
– Disaster Response: software, case studies, outcomes.
– Collaboration: data collection, data sharing, and open standards.
– NSDI: FOSS4G based Spatial Data Infrastructure.
– Education: FOSS4G in education and trainings.
The Presentation submission due date has passed, and we no longer accept description.
The Presentation selection will be made and sent to the instructors around June 15, 2015.
Please go to MyPage to check your description.
Please note: there is a separate call for submissions of abstracts for peer-review and academic publication in our Academic Presentation process (see the Academic Track Call for Abstract page: http://2015.foss4g.org/programme/academic-track/).
Community voting has been closed. Thanks for your participation.
- Call for Presentations will be announced on 23rd, February.
– Call for Presentations will be closed on 15th, May.
- Community Voting on Presentation will begin on 25th, May.
- Community Voting on Presentation will end on 5th, June.
- Presentation Selection will be announced on 15th, June.
- Early Bird Registration will end on 22nd, June.
- Preliminary Program Decisions will be announced on 29th, June.- FOSS4G Seoul main conference will start on 16th, September.
Please be sure to join the conference mailing list(firstname.lastname@example.org http://lists.osgeo.org/listinfo/foss4g2015), as it will be through this mailing list that discussions such as deadlines, Q/As, and schedules will occur. To contact the FOSS4G Conference Organising Committee, please mail to email@example.com.
Ms. Annie Shim
FOSS4G Seoul 2015 Secretariat
Tel.: +82 2 6288 6324
Fax: +82 2 6288 6399 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org